Advertise Here!Call +234 (0) 8035007778
African Children Cyber Safety Initiative (ACCSI) Mandate
The African Children Cyber Safety Initiative (ACCSI) was created during the 2009 Children and Young People Online Protection Forum organized by the African Information Security Association (AISA) with a mandate to advance the cause of safe online culture for children and young people in Africa.
The 2011 ACCSI event is the Better Life and Security with ICTs for children in rural communities
ACCSI aims to stem the tide of dangers that children and young people are exposed to online through:
- Becoming a
focal point on all issues related to protecting African children
- Building a
stakeholders network of children, students, teachers, parents,
guardians, educators, law enforcement and government to raise
and promote issues relating to child online protection in Africa
- sustain collaborative efforts among stakeholders towards
promoting a safe Internet culture among children and young
people in Africa.
- Establishing online networks to raise awareness and for stakeholders to discuss, engage, connect and proffer solutions on child online protection concerns in Africa
- Promoting internet awareness and providing training for children, parents, educators, counsellors and law enforcement including enlightenment on parental control software and appropriate online protection tools and strategies
- Creating Public Awareness about Child Online Protection and holding Child Cyber Safety forums for stakeholders to spread awareness of online child protection and a safe Internet culture among children and young people in Africa
- Providing training to bridge the digital generation gap between the parents and children on one hand and the teachers and students on the other based on need for parents, guardians and teachers to develop their IT skills.
- Championing the restoration of the much cherished cultural values of self-respect, respect for others and dignity in African societies
- Involving Providers in African Children Cyber Safety forums and related initiatives of this nature
- Advocating the enactment of legislation by African governments to address online child protection
- Promoting the empowerment of law enforcement agencies to adequately deal with Computer Facilitated Crimes Against Children
- Ensuring the enforcement of children online protection measures and practices in society by Relevant government agencies
- Advocating that African Governments make children online protection a national priority
- Promoting funding, investment and support to enable achievement of the objectives
Learn more about ACCSI through:
Jidaw Systems Limited (Jidaw) is an information technology solution provider that specializes in IT Consulting, e-business, Content provision, Web Publishing, Computer Networking and Training. Jidaw Systems Limited, developed and runs www.jidaw.com .
What Do you Have to Say? Post Your Comments about this content resource Here.
DISRUPT THE STATUS QUO!
Ideas are not enough. You must be action oriented to improve your future.
Don't just think but act. You get results not only from thinking but from acting.
You have ideas. You want to achieve. You want opportunity.
But what are you still doing in your comfort zone? The comfort zone is a dangerous place.
"I wanted to", "I was going to" cannot put on a light bulb, not to talk of moving you forward.
Aren't you tired of hoping and criticizing? Stop defending status quo that locks you down.
GO on the offensive now with IT Education and Empowerment.
What is the use of ideas without action?
Start becoming the achiever you deserve to be.
MAKE SURE THERE IS NO STANDING ROOM FOR EXCUSES.